Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shopping List

Look at what I just made: a shopping list for one of the stores I shop at weekly. I listed the items I always buy and made spaces to add other items I need. I formatted this in Word - changed the margins to .5 all the way around and used two columns. I designed it to be on one quarter of the page and just copied everything to the other side. To create the second column on my list, I made a text box - this is good so if you need to edit the first column, it won't screw up the second. The list will print just half a sheet, then you turn the sheet around and print again. I find printing like this to be better than formatting all four on the page - saves time too. So when I need a certain item, I just check it off my list and continue on. If there's something I need that is not on my list, I write it in. Easy Peasy! I have a couple more stores I shop at frequently and will do this with those stores as well. 

I am always writing my lists on a 3 x 5 card and I buy the sames things every week. I frequently lose my lists or forget them when I go shopping. I will probably print this on colored paper so I can't miss seeing them anywhere. Next is to devise a way to keep them contained (maybe bind them) in one place so I know where it always is. I'll let you know what I come up with. I've been meaning to do this for a while, and this morning I just went for it. I think it's pretty cool.


So, if you're like me and buy the same things each week, make up a list like this to help keep yourself organized.

What do you think?

I always welcome friendly critiques and comments or questions. I would love to hear what you think of this post or any of my other posts. Please feel free to leave a message here or email if you prefer. If you leave a message here, please be sure that your email address is sited so you can receive my response. Thanks!

No comments: