Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Herbal Salve Pouch

Last week I met with my friend Tracey regarding my business. Tracey is a graphic artist and she is going to help me design a logo for my business and possibly change my business name. As we met during lunch, she was fumbling in her bag for my salve - she was having a hard time finding it amongst all her things. She commented that I should make a pouch for my salves so they would be easier to find in a bag, and it could also be sold as a gift set.. That got me thinking and I came up with this: 




Top view



I also made another one with a piece of my hand dyed fabric.






There is a slight problem tho that I thought might possibly happen. Because you have to press down on the snap, if you press hard enough, there is a slight indentation on the tin - I suppose if pressed hard enough, it can damage the tin. I don't want to use Velcro, because eventually, that loses it's effectiveness. So I did some research and came across something like this.



I decided to give it a try. I kind of did it wrong - should've put the zipper in first. 
   

I'm kind of thinking tho, that something a different shape like the squared pouch I made might be easier to find in the bottom of a bag. I might try making a simple square, zippered pouch to see how that will turn out. I just need to brainstorm and come up with something practical that won't damage the tin - maybe something with a button. I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll give the zipper a try and see how it goes. I'll let you know if I decide on something. 

Anyone have any suggestions on something that could work?


Comments or questions are always welcomed. I would love to hear what you think of this post or any of my other posts. Please be sure that your email address is sited so you can receive my response. Thanks!

No comments: